Vietnam is a rapidly emerging economy with a young, vibrant, and tech-savvy population, making it an attractive destination for foreign businesses. If you’re considering expanding your reach into Vietnam, establishing a representative office (RO) is an excellent first step. An RO allows you to establish a local presence, conduct market research, and build relationships with potential partners without the full commitment of setting up a fully-fledged subsidiary.
1. What Is A Representative Office?
A representative office (RO) is a non-profit entity established by a foreign company to represent the company’s interests in Vietnam. ROs are not permitted to engage in direct commercial activities but can perform a range of non-trading functions, such as:
- Conducting market research and feasibility studies
- Promoting the company’s products and services
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Vietnamese partners
- Providing customer support and after-sales services
- Facilitating business deals and contracts
- Gathering information on Vietnamese laws, regulations, and market trends
A representative office for lease in Vietnam
2. Benefits Of Establishing A Representative Office In Vietnam
There are several advantages to establishing an RO in Vietnam, including:
- Reduced Costs: Setting up an RO is significantly less expensive than establishing a fully-fledged subsidiary.
- Flexibility: ROs offer a flexible way to test the Vietnamese market without making a major financial commitment.
- Ease Of Establishment: The process of establishing an RO is relatively straightforward and can be completed within a few months.
- Tax Advantages: ROs are exempt from corporate income tax in Vietnam.
Some benefits of establishing an RO in Vietnam
3. Steps to Establishing a Representative Office
The process of establishing an RO in Vietnam involves several key steps:
- Appoint a Chief Representative: The foreign company must designate an individual to serve as the Chief Representative of the RO. The Chief Representative must have a valid passport and a clear understanding of Vietnamese business practices.
- Prepare Application Documents: The RO application package includes various documents, such as the parent company’s registration certificate, the Chief Representative’s CV, and a detailed business plan.
- Submit Application to the Department of Planning and Investment (DPI): The RO application is submitted to the DPI of the province or city where the RO intends to operate.
- Receive License and Registration: Upon approval, the RO will be issued a license and must register with the relevant tax authorities.
RO helps maintaining relationships with Vietnamese partners
- Office Space: ROs are required to have a physical office address in Vietnam. The office space should be adequate to accommodate the RO’s activities and staff.
- Taxation: ROs are subject to certain taxes, such as income tax on profits generated from non-profit activities and value-added tax (VAT) on certain expenses.
- Visas and Work Permits: The Chief Representative and other RO staff may require visas and work permits to reside and work in Vietnam.
- Compliance with Local Regulations: ROs must comply with all applicable Vietnamese laws and regulations, including labor laws, environmental regulations, and data privacy laws.
4. OneHub Saigon: The Top Choice for Booking Representative Offices
Why Choose OneHub Saigon for Your Representative Office?
OneHub Saigon is a premier integrated business park offering a comprehensive and modern environment for companies establishing a representative office in Vietnam. Our campus-style development provides a range of benefits that make it the ideal choice for businesses of all sizes and industries.
Unparalleled Connectivity and Convenience
OneHub Saigon is strategically located in Ho Chi Minh City’s Thu Duc district, just 25 minutes from District 1 and the Tan Son Nhat International Airport. This prime location ensures easy access to major transportation routes, commercial hubs, and talent pools.
Onehub Saigon: Connectivity and Convenience
State-of-the-Art Office Spaces
Our seven international-grade office towers feature flexible floor plates to accommodate various business needs. Each tower is designed with energy-efficient facades, ample natural light, and modern amenities to promote productivity and well-being.
Onehub Saigon is designed with energy-efficient facades
Vibrant Community and Networking Opportunities
OneHub Saigon fosters a dynamic community through its Work-Live-Play-Learn concept. Our campus-style design encourages interaction and collaboration among tenants, providing ample opportunities for networking and business development.
A place to develop businesses
A Thriving Ecosystem for New Economy Businesses
OneHub Saigon is home to a diverse range of businesses, particularly those in the high-growth, high-value industries of the new economy. This creates a synergistic environment where companies can learn from and collaborate with each other.
Onehub Saigon building: Home to a diverse range of businesses
Commitment to Sustainability
OneHub Saigon is committed to sustainable practices and has achieved LEED Silver certification for its office buildings. Eco-friendly design and operations contribute to a healthier and more sustainable future for our tenants and the community.
Additional Advantages of Choosing OneHub Saigon:
- 24/7 access control and security
- On-site fitness and recreation facilities
- Central park for outdoor activities
- Training center for continuous learning opportunities
- Dedicated support from experienced team
Establishing a representative office in Vietnam is a strategic decision that can open doors to new business opportunities and foster long-term success in this dynamic market. By carefully navigating the regulatory framework and utilizing the RO’s unique advantages, foreign companies can effectively expand their reach and establish a strong foundation for future growth in Vietnam.